Wednesday 29 August 2007

Chinois chic

I've had this image in my mind lately, even though it's quite old, because I've been thinking about whether or not (and if so, how much) I would incorporate a chionois style into our decor when and if we buy a place here in Hong Kong. I think this is a great example of how chinois style can be done tastefully. I love this combination of colours too - so I thought I'd share!
If anyone is interested, the wallpaper is "Loyang" from Brunschwig & Fils.



Image from Vogue Living (Australia) September 2005.

8 comments:

The Peak of Chic said...

I love this color combination. It's quite sophisticated. And the Chinoiserie print is rather subtle, which is nice.

girl meets glamour said...

What a great image. It's a busy print, but it doesn't come off that at all. Can't wait to see pics from your place!

~Kate

The Paris Apartment said...

There's just something about chinoiserie wallpaper that's so endearing. maybe just one wall would make it less of a theme, then you could do it without having to move to Shanghai!

Suzy said...

Hi POC - I think that's why this image has been stuck in my mind, the colour combination is very sophisticated, and the pattern is so subtle, even though there is a lot of detail.

Suzy said...

GMG - Glad you liked it too! Might be a while before I can post pics of a place here, we just got through renovating my dream home in Australia before we moved to HK. Not quite ready to do that all over again just yet! But I am getting the itch though, so I'm looking for a small project to keep me interested!

Suzy said...

PA - you're right, it can be very endearing, and if its done on not-so-grand a scale it dosn't have to look tacky, or like we've moved to the mainland!

katiedid said...

This is a great space! I love the mix of colors here and the wallpaper is really wonderful

Suzy said...

Hi Katiedid - thanks for your comments.