Monday 13 August 2007

Emma Jane Pilkington

After spending much of the weekend browsing my new magazine editions - House Beautiful, House & Garden and Elle Decor, I was obviously not sated as I spent a few more hours flicking through some old Vogue Living's - which is where I found this. I know there a few others like me in the Blogosphere who are looking forward to the actual launch of Emma Jane Pilkington's website. I think it's as much her talent as the fact she's originally from Melbourne (like moi) that I find it interesting to watch her career. Either way, I think the home she has designed for herself and her husband in her adopted home, New York, is très chic.






Pilkington sits on a sofa by Anthony Lawrence-Belfair, covered in an Ulf Moritz fabric, "Nimbus" from Sahco Hesslein. The marquetry flooring is actually a painted effect.



I adore this room. It has such a quiet elegance about it, and shows that Pilkington has a very discerning eye. A regency chair and a Louis XVI mahogany and leather desk sit atop a 1940's fan-shaped rug made from vintage kilim pieces.



A 1920's desk and a directoire period daybed mixed with an Arne Jacobsen "Egg" chair covered in silk leopard in the media room/office. A very unexpected combination, but I like it.



The Master bedroom's 19th Century English light was the inspiration for the rest of the decor. The 19th Century bed was enlarged to King-size in France.


Ebony and marble table with leather campaign chairs and 19th Century gilded sconces in the living room. I like the use of subtle contrasts in colour and style - it makes for a very captivating interior.

Images from Vogue Living (Australia) November/December 2006.

9 comments:

The Peak of Chic said...

I love her apartment. And I hope her website is functional soon!!

girl meets glamour said...

This is probably one of my favorite designs, esp. the office. I hope to have an office like this one day! Thanks for keeping this design fresh in my mind :)

~Kate

Suzy said...

Me too, POC!

Suzy said...

GMG - I love the office too - I would definitely love one like that one day...

ALL THE BEST said...

I love her apartment and the office is fab! Thanks for sharing!

katiedid said...

Every time I see this apartment I like it more! She has great style and wit.

Suzy said...

My pleasure, All the best!

Suzy said...

I agree katidid, she certainly does!

Unknown said...

Her style is very distinctive.