Monday 10 September 2007

Pascal Van Der Kelen

I discovered the work of Belgian Architect and Interior Designer Pascal Van Der Kelen today. I just had to share this image of a living room he created. I love those deco inspired chairs, and that cabinet - the woodwork is amazing. I also think the colour palette is very warm and inviting, while to some it would be a little too neutral.

There are lots of great images on his website, most of his work is very minimalistic - which is pretty typical of modern flemish design - so it may not appeal to everyone.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I went onto this web-site and I greatly admire "minimalist" design.
It is most difficult to do right because everything is edited and refined and therefore has to be finely detailed and executed precisely. No easy feat.

Suzy said...

I'm glad you checked it out Patricia, and I completely agree. There are so many design faults that can be covered up in a "decorated" interior, but with minimalism, if its not done right it stands out by a mile because there is little else to distract the eye.

Mélanie said...

I fell in love with these beautiful armchairs !!