Monday 19 November 2007

More bathing beauties....

Here are a few more of my favorites from my style files...


Love the crisp whiteness of this one, and I also pretty much love any bathroom with furniture in it...


It's the elephant on the window sill that does it for me.

This is one of my all time favorites although its a little different from my usual all-white favorites. This bathroom is in the home of one of my favorite Australian interior designers, Stuart Rattle. I love how he has made this quite a classic "room" (notice the only tiling is on the floor), but has quite successfully brought in some moorish elements that make this quite masculine, but very chic.

I love the contrast of the dark timber with the neutral background in this one.

A little bit of violet goes a long way. This one is a little more feminine than I would normally like, but its so pretty I had to keep hold of the image. The black & white floor make it a little more graphic, and less sickly sweet.


The blue marble helps bring a little colour to this otherwise neutral bathroom. LOVE those curtains!

This one is so luxurious, not just because of the size, but the animal-skin rug also helps! I like how they've team a tradtional looking latern and shutters on the window.

Love the combination of the mosaic tiled floor and the carrara marble surround. And the furniture...when does a klismos chair not look good?

5 comments:

The Peak of Chic said...

I also saved that top image for my Bath files. So crisp, clean, and timeless!

Suzy said...

That's so funny POC, what a coincidence! It really is timeless isn't it.

TIG said...

I completely understand what you mean about the elephant in the windowsill--there's something very captivating about the way the light plays behind it. Beautiful!

blah said...

Dear Suzy, when you get your hong kong bathroom - I assume it will be... white :-) - my favorites are the bottom 3 photos :-)

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

Adore that last one!!! I am thinking about some serious color in my bathroom as our rooms will be all white. Hmmmm....