Monday 3 December 2007

Christmas wishes


I checked out Lane Crawford's (Hong Kong's answer to Barney's or Bergdorf Goodman) new homewares department at Pacific Place tonight, and am quite impressed. It's about time the ultra-hip department store offered a range of furniture and accessories at the same calibre as its range of fashion! Amongst its chic offerings are tea from Marriage Frères, bedlinen by Frette and Pratesi, books by Assouline, furniture by UK-based Established & Sons, crystal by Baccarat, Wedgewood china, Tivoli audio equipment, and much much more. I love their new Christmas catalogue (see their pages of Christmas wishes below), which includes tear-out wish cards for you to give as not so subtle hints for family, friends, or partners who are a little slow to get a hint... I could have ticked all the boxes on this one (there is a different card for each department of the store), but as my darling husband just bought be a bottle of Creed's Spring Flowers for our wedding anniversary I thought I shouldn't be too greedy!




16 comments:

Things That Inspire said...

I adore Creed's Spring Flowers. Every time I go to Neiman Marcus I get doused in it! Unfortunately, my husband has asthma and cannot tolerate perfumes, so I can't wear it on a regular basis.

ALL THE BEST said...

I LOVE it! Very clever. Creed is the best...great gift!!

Habitually Chic said...

You're too good! I definitely would have ticked off all the boxes! But that might be partly due to the fact that I'm an only child ;-) Happy Holidays!

The Peak of Chic said...

What a great store! I'm with you- I'd check all of the above!
BTW- I LOVE those J Crew pink pants. So cute!

Suzy said...

Actually, TTI, I also suffer from allergies, so despite how beautiful it is, it still makes me sneeze non stop - so it will be saved for special occasions (and when I have some allergy medicine handy!)

Suzy said...

I know Rhonda, finally all those 'subtle' hints to my husband paid off!!

Suzy said...

HC, I'm trying to be! Happy holidays to you too!

Suzy said...

Thanks Jennifer! I think the shoes in that pic are kinda cute too...although I've sworn to my husband no more shopping til next year (all the big sales are on here then anyway, so not too big a sacrifice!)

franki durbin said...

Don't you love it when a posh retailer does something hip and fresh? Let's see.. on my list I would check everything but the ballerina flats and the watch. Other than that I'll take the whole fabulous list!

Happy Holidays! Enjoy your shopping expedition. ;)

Anna Spiro said...

What a clever Christmas advertising campaign! Fantastic! THanks for sharing Suzy!
XO
Anna

Suzy said...

Franki, yes I definitely could have picked a few more, maybe not all of them, but I certainly wouldn't say no to a pair of Manolo's or a Zagliani bag. Happy Holiday's to you too!

Suzy said...

No problem Anna, have a great Christmas. I'll be back in Oz to spend it with my family, but I'm sure the weather will be much nicer in your part of the country!

blah said...

Dear Suzy - have you seen their Christmas tree at the front of the store entrance in IFC - its a classic - a "tree" made of glitter covered stilettos!
I was dying to take a picture for my blog - but they said - no photos :-( oh well - anyway - go & have a look - it's great!

Suzy said...

Felicity, no not yet. Will do this weekend! A tree made of stilettos, now THAT's a tree!

AprilC said...

hey, LC actually used to offer a huge range of furniture and housewares. but they just limited their range of merchandise i guess. it just happened a few years ago though.

Suzy said...

Hi AprilC -thanks for dropping by! I'm guessing you're also based in HK? I didn't know that about LC,but I've only been here 2 yrs. Their new department is fab...in fact I was there again last night!