Monday 28 April 2008

Today I'm loving

These handmade glazed terracotta tiles from Fez, Morocco, called "Zelliges" by Emery & Cie. I love the colour variation of each unique tile and how together they create something that looks almost organic. Their selection of colours is amazing - from lovely pale neutrals to dark and moody dark hues like chocolate or cinnabar.

The colour above is no. 12 "Blue Ciel Gris" - which I think might be my favorite.

They look stunning en masse in a bathroom or kitchen, as Ilse Crawford has done in her own home (above) and the London home of a client (below) - as featured in the lastest Domino Magazine.

Emery & Cie has a lovely range of products hand made in Morocco, so I recommend you check out their website if you like the look of these tiles.

4 comments:

AMM blog said...

I love these photos, the cool colors are so peaceful...I also love your blog, glad I found it!

Suzy said...

Thanks J!

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

Yes, their tile is super lovely and Emery also has a home here in Marrakech.

Alkemie said...

Suzy, That is a stunning kitchen! I love it!