Friday 23 May 2008

Fresh Frank on Friday

Love these new project photos that I just found on Frank Roop's website. They are incredibly cool, bright and fresh - and very inspiring. I think Roop has a great talent for creating wonderfully livable interiors, that are mostly neutral, with blocks of just the right colours - not too matchy-matchy, but perfectly in sync.

On a more serious note, I've taken on a personal project - helping a friend decorate his new (and empty) apartment in Singapore. This will be done mostly via email (& facebook so far...) and between his business trips to HK and me visiting him in Singapore later next month. I'll keep you updated on how it goes...he happens to be an excellent photographer, so maybe I'll share some pics once it's all done. By the way, Haf, what do you think of these?






P.S. I'm picking up the keys to my new apartment tomorrow night, and will probably spend Saturday tearing down the horrible old vinyl wallpaper in preparation for painting next weekend. So think of me while you're enjoying your weekend...not!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

mr. roop really does do very nice work. his interiors are so edited, yet not fussy. talented man.

and suzy, i hope your wall paper removal project goes quickly and easily! and the painting too... if it makes you feel any better, i'll be working for a good portion of the weekend myself- AND it's a holiday here on monday, so i won't even be able to enjoy the fruits of a 3 days weekend, and get the heck out of town : (

poor us.

Anonymous said...

poor Suze....remember leaving the other half to rip down the plaster and then paint...i think he should go to the pub and let you go mad with the paintbrush...:-) Daz

Suzy said...

No fun M21!

And thanks Daz...I was out earning a living while he was ripping down plaster and paint...so I think it's only fair we BOTH do it this time ;)

The Peak of Chic said...

Good luck with the paper removal and painting! It's such a pain, but I know it will look great once you're finished working your magic!

Suzy said...

Thanks Jennifer, you're so sweet!

Haf said...

Hi! Wow an honourable mention :) It's funny what jumps out at you first - I really like that staircase! But the bed is great. I love those beds that are lower to the ground.

I've seen the apt in pictures although not in person. Can't remember if I told you this or not! :) But when I get there in a few days, I'll certainly send on the pictures!

Suzy said...

Haf, I await your photos! At least now I know what kind of staircases and beds you like!

Michelle said...

I thinks these images are pretty much perfection........luv luv luv luv them !!!! Wish it was my home.