Monday 23 June 2008

I've been tagged!

Thanks to Kate from Girls meets glamour! I guess it's my turn to spill the beans about myself....so here goes.

1. What was I doing 10 years ago?
I was living in Melbourne, living with a guy who later on turned out to be a total jerk, working in not one, but TWO dead-end jobs, while studying at night school, but going out lots and enjoying the live music scene, and slowly getting to know my husband as a friend.

2. Five items on my to-do list?
So many things on my to-do list at the moment, with moving apartments this weekend...where do I start?

1. I have to get all the utilities cut off, and re-connected,
2. Make sure I can drop off clothes and books we are donating to the Salvation Army on Saturday,
3. Find out if the shipping company has picked up my new dining table (I want it now already!),
4. Go and inspect the apartment after the sisal carpet is installed tomorrow ,
5. Go see the Sex and the City movie with some friends - I know, I know. I must be the only woman in the world who hasn't seen it yet...very embarrassing...

PLUS, lots of cleaning, organising and packing. The list goes on...

3. Snacks I enjoy...
Amongst many others, top of the list of sweets would be Turkish Delight. And for savory, I'd have to say plain potato chips. Yum!

4. What would I do if I were a billionaire?
I think my answers to this are going to be somewhat similar to everybody else's. First off though, I'd make sure my family, and my husband's families were taken care of for life. My mum needs a new car, and I wish I could get her a new one, and a driver to go with it when she's too old to drive it herself..so that would be high on the list. Other than that? Give most of it to charities (no-one needs billions!). I'm not sure which ones, but they'd have to do with ensuring children in 3rd world countries have clean water, a roof over their head, access to health care and the means to get an education. You know, all that basic stuff we take for granted.

I think I'd have to spend a bit on us too...so:

I'd have to buy a fabulous apartment in New York...


furnish it with beautiful pieces I can only afford to look at at the moment...


fill it with amazing art that I've dreamed about for years, namely by female surrealists, such as this one by Remedios Varo...


oh..and there'd have to be a huge walk in wardrobe, (kinda like this one)...

full of these sort of goodies...

oh and a villa in Tuscany just like this would be a great way to spend summer!

And of course, I'd have to quit my job and start some sort of business of my own. Hmmm...I'm not sure a billion dollars would last very long in my hands!

5. Places I would live...
I think my answer to the last question covers that. Although Paris wouldn't be bad either!

So I guess I need to tag someone else now...who to choose (who hasn't already played)? OK, I'm tagging:

Alkemie

J'Adore Decor

Life in a Venti Cup

An Aesthete's Lament

My Notting Hill

Sorry to any of you who may have already been tagged, or is just not interested...I promise I won't be offended if you don't play along :)

7 comments:

katiedid said...

I love that you love such interesting art! I am sure that any home you would put together would be beautiful and unique!

girl meets glamour said...

Thanks for being a good sport :) I think I'd spend my fortunes the same way!!

~Kate

Suzy said...

Thanks Katie, how sweet of you!

Kate, I think we probably all would!

franki durbin said...

oh I just love your answers. So much more exciting than mine LOL! http://www.lifeinaventicup.com/2008/06/tag-im-it.html

I cannot believe yo have time to blog considering your big weekend!

And (don't tell anyone, but...) I haven't seen the movie yet either. ;)

SGM said...

I would totally fight you for the swimming pool. Gorgeous!

Suzy said...

Ha ha, SGM, I think there's room enough for both of us! ;)

Suzy said...

Franki, I'm so releived, although I saw it last night, so now you must see it! About to head over to check out your answers...