Sunday 1 November 2009

A rose by any other name...

While I was in Lane Crawford on Friday on my tea mission I came across this no so little beauty, by a South African design partnership Greg and Roché Dry who make up Egg Designs. The "Rosette Armoire" as you can see in the below images, is completely covered in copper plated metal roses. The couple say on their website that they came across the roses in a metal workshop in Mauritius while on holiday and then developed the idea further when they returned home.

I'm a bit of a nut for metal anything, so its no surprise that I think this is beautiful!

7 comments:

Karena said...

Fascinating, at first I though it was an apothecary cabinet with little rose pull drawers. Love the color combination!

mary said...

It is gorgeous! The coral/pink against the black is perfect.

beth said...

Hi Suzy,

I haven't been to your blog for ages. It's still very cool. Thanks for dropping by mine :)

Unknown said...

Beautiful - the workmanship is amazing.

Unknown said...

truly beautiful detail...

columnist said...

The cabinet, as someone has suggested, is reminiscent of an apothecary cabinet, which is why it might sell well in Hong Kong. To me it also has a hint of Tibetan furniture. If I have time at the weekend, I'll go and have a look, during my two day stop-over on my way to Kanazawa.

columnist said...

Saw this today in Lane Crawford. Crazeeee price! Loving the weather here. Back to Bangkok tomorrow, when I shall resume my postings.