Wednesday 8 September 2010

John Minshaw

Are you tired of the London themed posts yet? Sorry, I have a few more planned before my trip (and lets face it, probably a few after too)...so bear with me folks!

London-based designer John Minshaw's work made appearance on my radar a little while ago - and I'm so glad it did. Minshaw's work is timeless - both modern and classic at the same time. Each room is a study in expertly composed pieces and perfectly balanced colour. Of his work, Minshaw says "My style is to buy good antiques and design bespoke cabinetry, then put them into pared-down interiors". In my opinion, the results are just stunning.





One of the highlights of my upcoming trip to London (other than the wedding I'm attending, of course) will be going to Decorex. John Minshaw is speaking on Tuesday 28th - the day I'm planning to go. I'm looking forward to hearing him talk about "Space and Detailing" - and possibly picking up a copy of his book.

For more beautiful images of the project feature in the last image, check out the latest issue of the German Architectural Digest.

4 comments:

mary said...

I love his work--sculptural, graphic and classy. Thanks, Mary

YHBHS said...

i never tire of these london designer posts!

keep them coming:)

Anonymous said...

LOVE this post. I simply could never tire of London posts, so have no fear.
P.S. I just realized that I never added you to my blogs links. You have officially been added to my daily reads.

David Long Designs said...

@ Studio Annetta

Interiors look stunning! I think the ottoman on the last image is spot on for the space! Thanks for sharing! Subscribed! Great blog!

Feel free to view our blog:
http://davidlongdesigns.blogspot.com/

ps: @ dwellingandesign ' agree! '