Wednesday 6 April 2011

Edition Hotels - Istanbul

One of the cool new hotels I mentioned in my previous post is the newly opened Edition Hotel in Istanbul, designed by Gabbellini Sheppard & Associates (with the spa designed by Hirsch Bedner & Associates). The second project in the brand new Marriott/Schraeger portfolio (see my previous post on the Waikiki Edition), the Istanbul Edition is contemporary luxe hotel design at its best.

The lobby and public spaces are a breathtaking symphony of natural materials: different textured and organically veined stones perfectly offset the diamond-matched timber veneers.





"Espa”, the in-house spa is just stunning. It looks incredibly calming, and I love the combination of marble and bronze – a material I feel is very under used in interiors. The combination of geometric forms and timber inlays also helps to remind you where you are.





But, its the Guestrooms I’ve fallen for. Big time. I think I will definitely have to stay here if and when I get to Istanbul. Cocooned in either light or walnut timbers they look very restful.





With a few more hotels set to open in the near future (including Bangkok, a little closer to me) it seems Edition could be on a bit of a roll. I just hope they keep me in mind if they ever want to open a hotel in Hong Kong ;)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW... what a stunning hotel. Too bad I could never afford to stay there.

designchic said...

What a gorgeous getaway...wonderful!!