Wednesday 12 October 2011

El Casco

Any of you who read this blog on a semi regular basis will be familiar with my current obsession with all things brass, and (or especially) desk accessories. I recently stumbled upon the Spanish brand El Casco which is stocked in Hong Kong by Papyrus. They have a pretty big selection of desk top accessories in different finishes, but of course it was the brass that caught my eye. Actually, its a gold finish, which normally would make me go into convulsions, but I think in the right space it would look amazing. Anyhow, I splurged and picked myself up a tape dispenser and some scissors. They are definitely a little more gold than the other bits and pieces I've got, but I'm kinda hoping they'll tarnish a little over time. I'm still thinking about the hole punch and stapler from their range...I like the look of them but am wondering if it might look more fun to have more of a mix on my desk.











Don't let these images fool you, they're a little dated looking, but in real life I think they're quite stunning!


* NB the El Casco range is also available in Hong Kong in the new Harvey Nichols store in Pacific Place!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

My favorite color is "shiny" and I especially love seeing moments of shine paired with bold color. I don't blame you for your new obsession! Gives us a nice break from the very predictable finishes we've grown so used to!

jansson said...

I work for Armani Casa and our last collection has A LOT of polished brass. It's definitely growing on me.

Suzy said...

ooooh yum, lucky you jansson!