Friday 30 November 2012

Ahem...

Still stuck in London this week, figuratively speaking anyway (maybe its the grey skies and bad weather in Hong Kong ?)  This time with UK based founding editor of Elle Decoration magazine, Ilse Crawford.  Her latest project, the Ett Hem hotel in Stockholm is just lovely.  Created with the mix of new and old that Crawford is known for, and infused with a sense of timelessness. Each of the 12 rooms is slightly different, the library is full of books and a piano, the kitchen is cosy and homely. All adding up to a hotel that looks and feels more like a home than a hotel, which I'm sure was the intention of the designer and hotelier.  It will definitely be high on my list of places to stay if I ever make it back to Stockholm.









How great does that bath tub look??


 
Speaking of Ilse Crawford, she herself will be speaking in Hong Kong next week at the annual Business of Design week, and I for one am looking forward to it.  I saw her speak in Australia just after she left Elle Decoration (must be more than 10yrs ago now?) and she was already talking about emotive design then, so it will be very interesting to hear how her design process and outlook has developed.  I'll be going to BODW with a media pass this year for the first time and am hoping to interview a few of the speakers, so stay tuned!

2 comments:

Grant K. Gibson said...

Wow, this stopped me in my tracks.
I will pick up my jaw from being on the floor.
Drooling!
Thank you for sharing this.

Grant
grantkgibson.com

ly said...

Are you able to identify the red armchair in the first picture of ett hem hotel? It's my idea of a perfect chair. :)