Tuesday 2 April 2013

Studio Reed

I hope for those of you who get the Easter Break that you managed to have a nice long weekend...I worked, caught up on magazines, and did some baking (who knew home made Hot Cross Buns were so easy, and so delicious!?). 

I spotted this lovely apartment in London by a previously unknown to me designer, Jonathan Reed, in the latest French Architectural Digest.  It seems like such a charming and warm space that I think I would have quite liked to have spent the long weekend here. I love the mix of the industrial elements and shaker-like simplicity of the space, the rich colours, and that copper bath is just to die for, is it not?  Aside from the bath, I quite love how he's made the bathroom an actual room...I'm also coveting that Fritz Henningson armchair. I'm not sure I would have made it out of the bathroom had I been given the keys for the weekend.

How about you lot...do anything interesting over the holiday weekend?








Photographed by Tom Mannion for AD Francais April 2013



Speaking of holidays...I'm off to South Africa at the end of the year to attend a wedding (very excited!)...and as its our first time, I'd love to hear any recommendations you might have for Cape Town and surrounding areas. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Make sure you visit Babylonstoren farm outside Cape Town! It's beautiful.

Suzy said...

Thanks Anon...that's definitely on my list!